Sunday 21 May 2017

MAF 3

Wednesday with Goddard


Wednesday with Goddard is a short film by Nicolas Menard. I am happy to say that I am one of few to see the advance screening of this in the Skwigly Animation screening which only had a select few places which I happened to get into.



This short film had such a humour to it that it had the entire audience in stiches by the end, the beautifully drawn backgrounds and shapes only helped drive home the humour in the juxtaposition between the art of the background, and the simply shaped character's on screen, particularly Goddard, the main character searching for God. With it being a short, the movie is short and sweet, and does not hang too long on anything, rather, getting the plot across to the audience in a simple and humorous way. I don't really want to go too deep into this because I feel like it is best if you don't take it too seriously, all I can say is this was an incredibly funny experience and the best of the Skwigly recommended shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment