Sunday 21 May 2017

America - William Silvers

I have just come back from Florida, during my time there, I went to Disney Springs, where there was a store called Animation in Disney. I just so happened to meet a Disney Artist in this time, and had a brief conversation with him about his paintings, and how he feels about them. The artists name was William Silvers. I had no clue who this artist was, so when I came back, I looked into him a little more, and found that Disney is not his only art, and he actually did some of the painting for Star Wars and his speciality is in realistic wildlife art.


During my conversation with him, I tried to ask more about him and how he felt about his art, because I think how the artist feels about their work is much more important than the general public. He revealed to me that he is always trying to learn new things and new techniques, and he is always trying to improve. So he views his art in this way, and encouraged me than anyway could get to his level, because art is a constant learning curve which you can never know everything. There is always something you can do better. I am going to try and take this and apply it into my own art work, and continue to try and learn and grow as an artist. My experience with William Silvers was incredibly inspirational, no matter how brief, and I think his message is something I can learn from. It even inspired me to try some painting of my own, which I have not done for a long time.





No comments:

Post a Comment