Sunday 21 May 2017

Digital Drawing Progression

2015 Drawing Tablet


2015 was my first drawing tablet, and I tended to just draw things I was comfortable with, mostly a lot of Halo and DragonBall  Z. I just wanted to make this post to analyse what I was doing wrong at the start and where I am now. When I first started, I used a lot of reference, and I was very proud of my drawing ability, and I tried to play around with lighting a lot, but I didn't really understand how. I was also new to digital drawing, so I was not very daring with colour choices, so I lowered the opacity of a lot of stuff to try and make it look more realistic, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. As you can see from this very first re draw I ever did, which was in the space of 10 weeks I became a lot more bold in my colour choice, and the effect is immediate. However there is still a lot wrong with it like blending, and general form






Now in May of 2017, almost 2 years after I decided to redraw it again, using no reference but my older drawing, using my new program of choice, sketchbook pro.


I think it is pretty obvious that progression has been made, there is a lot fixed about this, most noticeably the colouring and the cleanness of everything. This new version I am very proud of, it is very crisp, and the blending on the background is far superior. The line work also has a lot more form to it, and everything has a lot more weight. I also reworked the design slightly to make it fit in with the piece a lot more. I am really proud of my progression, and I think I have definitely come to terms with lighting and stuff a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment