Monday 21 May 2018

The Creative Report

A Link to my Report

When starting out on my creative report, I knew exactly who to contact and what to base it on. I knew I wanted to base it around storyboard art, and the one person who sprung to my mind was Catherine Salkeld of Bluezoo Animation, seen below on her linkedin and instagram. 



When looking further into her background, I realised how close in age we were, which was inspiring to find out how she had made such a name for herself in such a short amount of time.

Catherine's BAFTA win report - Linked here is the report from Sunderland University detailing her BAFTA win with only being 6 years older than myself.

I reached out to Catherine via email and was given a response only 40 minutes later, which was incredibly nice and I am grateful for the opportunity to speak with her as she represents to me how a graduate can become one of the industries top board artists only a few years after graduating.

 This was my original email to Catherine Salkeld.

When researching my creative report, I did research into the background of Blue Zoo animation studio, although this largely was left out due to my already exceeding the word count. Although I did do a lot of research into Catherine herself and her journey from Sunderland graduate to BAFTA winning storyboard artist at Blue Zoo, which I hope comes across in my report.

In future I am going to make a point of contacting professionals to better understand storyboard art as a practice, so that I can further my learning after 3rd year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment