Monday 11 March 2019

Contacting Professionals - Part 2

Through my work experience at Brown Bag Films, it was suggest to me that I contact Jez Hall, a story artist and Director in the animation industry. Currently he is a series Director on 101 Dalmatian Street for passion pictures.

http://www.jezhall.com/

I have now had a continuous contact with Jez Hall, giving me answers to all of my questions, as well as giving me a more personal insight into the industry as a whole. I feel like I I have gained a lot of knowledge into my practice because of this, as I have been told what kind of things I need to do to improve and build my portfolio, these are such things as looking at staging/editing, and working from scripts of my own in order for people to gain an insight into what I am interested in.

After looking at my website, he devised that I needed to do more complete boards, to show continuity, and perspective of the scene, showing the audience who's eyes we are looking through in each particular scene. Also the progression of shots will show off how I cut a scene together, and the acting in a scene. He also told me to keep my name front and centre, and suggested that I change my website name from "TheBritsonian" to myself. This way everyone can tell what I have done, and they know who I am from the off.

This was a useful contact to make, and I hope to continue this professional relationship on.

No comments:

Post a Comment