Wednesday 3 April 2019

Post University - Exit Strategy

My exit strategy for after University is pretty straight forward. I want to mov down to London. As a storyboard artist, I want to make sure that I am around the place where all of the work is.




As is shown here, from a simple google search . the top most options for Storyboard artist are based in the London area. Also of the people I have contacted; Bianca Ansems, Jez Hall and Douglas Ingram, have all been London based and are some of the biggest storyboard artists in the UK right now.

I feel as though this is a logical step in my career, and as my family own a flat in Kent, I will try to move into it temporarily, with a friend of mine, and commute into London from there.




Overall from the flat, to the station and then into London, will take about 2 hours, which will be a pretty horrific commute, however for a temporary/cheap compromise with moving down South, it will meet our needs well enough. It will be a needs must sort of situation where we will have to make sacrifices for cheaper living costs, as straight out of Uni it will probably not be realistic to move straight into London, as living costs are much higher than the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment