Sunday 3 February 2019

Interview Experience - Build a Rocket By Games

After applying on glassdoor.co.uk, I was contacted by "Build a Rocket Boy Games" for the role of cinematic storyboard artist. This was to be a Skype interview, where we would discuss my portfolio and my application. Here is the email that was sent to me, for obvious reasons I could not include email addresses and such forth as that is personal information.



During this interview we discussed my general process, and how I approached storyboards. I got the feeling however during this interview that I was not being taken seriously, and it was unclear to me whether they knew I was a student, even after putting it on my application. However the interview was professional and I was sure I was unsuccessful in securing the role.

Although I was unsuccessful, I am putting this one down to interview experience, and I now know what to expect in future when I undertake interviews for similar positions. I need to improve my interview skills, as I got a bit flustered when I was asked about my process, and when asking questions, I could have been clearer in terms of what I was asking. I should have been more assertive and handled myself as a professional as opposed to a student, which is probably a confidence issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment